Christmas time means cookies and they don’t get much better than this Oatmeal White Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Craisins Recipe. If you’re into creating cookies for the Charismas season add this cookie recipe to your collection; they are really good.
I thought I would just eat one to see how they tasted but unfortunately I didn’t stop there-after 3 I figured I had better get them into the freezer or there would be none left for Christmas. This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of ingredients and the white chocolate and Craisins blend very well together.
The cookie dough is very thick and hard to work with a spoon, so I used my hands and formed them like I was making meatballs, and this method worked out very well. You can always press them down a little bit with a fork if you want them a little flatter. Enjoy-adapted from Craisins packaging.
Oatmeal White Chocolate Chunk Cookies with Craisins Recipe
- 2/3 cup unsalted butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package Craisins (5 ounces)
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer blend the butter and brown sugar together until the mixture is creamed together and fluffy and then mix in the eggs until well combined.
- In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients except for the Craisins, and chocolate chips, and then stir in the egg and sugar mixture until moistened. The dough will be stiff.
- Fold in the Craisins and white chocolate chips. Form the dough into balls like you are making meatballs and place them on a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with cooking spray about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are nicely browned; remove from the cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
- Makes about 2 dozen depending on size.