This Old Fashioned Cinnamon Cookies Recipe is a recipe that has been around for years and makes a great addition to any Christmas Cooke collection. This is a big recipe that produces 3 to 7 dozen cookies depending on the size you make them.
There aren’t many ingredients so there is a good chance you will have all the ingredients on hand. I used broken pecans in this recipe, but I am sure chopped walnuts would work just as well. Add this Old Fashioned Cinnamon
Cookies Recipe to your cookie mix this Christmas; they are really good. Enjoy
Old Fashioned Cinnamon Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (sifted)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans (broken or chopped)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium-size bowl using an electric mixer blend the butter and sugars together until creamy, add the eggs, and continue mixing until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Slowly mix in the egg and sugar mixture along with the nuts to form the dough.
- Drop a heaping teaspoon at a time onto a cookie sheet lightly sprayed with cookie spray, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches apart, and bake for 8-10 minutes. When done cookies will start to crack on top.
- (If you makes these to the size of the recipe it will make about 7 dozen-I formed mine about the size of meat balls because I like larger cookies it made 3 dozen. If you do this increase your baking time to 12-15 minutes.)