This is a one dish meal that can be prepared using frozen hash browns and frozen vegetables. If you are using Rotisserie Chicken there is not a lot of prep time involved – the dish bakes for about an hour and the hash browns are perfectly done.
If you have leftover chicken on hand give this Rotisserie Chicken Hash Brown Casserole recipe a try; its simple and good.
Rotisserie Chicken Hash Brown Casserole
- 2 pounds frozen shredded hash browns
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots
- ½ cup summer sweet corn
- 2 cups sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 cups cooked roasted chicken (shredded)
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Place frozen hash browns is a 13 x 9 casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix together the cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, peas and carrots, corn, sour cream, cream of chicken soup, milk and cooked shredded chicken; spoon mixture in a layer over the frozen hash browns.
- Heat butter in a small saucepan until just melted – stir in corn flakes until well combined. Sprinkle corn flakes mixture over the casserole.
- Bake for 1 hour-until hash browns are done and corn flakes are a golden brown.
- Serve Hot
Adapted from Blogchef.net