I was looking for a fish recipe that was a little different because I had some salmon on hand I wanted to use up. I decided on this Salmon with Balsamic Glaze Recipe, which I thought was a little different, because incorporates balsamic vinegar, and orange juice into the recipe. I thought the combination of flavors complimented the salmon very well.
If you looking for a good fish recipe, and you want to keep it on the healthy side, give this Salmon with Balsamic Glaze Recipe a try; it’s really good.
Salmon with Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 sprig rosemary (about 5-inches long)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 skin-on salmon fillets (4 ounces each)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium size bowl mix together the vinegar, orange juice, red pepper flakes, honey, and then add the rosemary. Set aside.
- Pat salmon fillets dry with paper toweling and season them with salt and pepper.
- Place oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook skin side up until nicely browned. Flip the salmon fillets to skin side down and cook until skin is crispy and salmon is done.
- Remove salmon to a serving platter and tent with aluminum foil to keep warm. Lower skillet heat to simmer, wipe skillet clean with paper toweling, and gently pour the balsamic mixture into the skillet. Cook until mixture is syrupy. Remove rosemary sprig and stir in the butter until melted. Pour the sauce over the fish and serve hot.