This is another simple recipe with a great flavor. I was busy with some chores and needed another set it and forget it type meal so I decided on this one dish Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice Recipe. Rice and chicken go great together and I like wild rice and the crispy bacon is always a nice touch. The only problem was it smelled so good I could hardly wait till it was done. I didn’t make any changes to this recipe and it came out great as is. I think if you used boneless chicken thing or a combination skinless chicken pieces it would work out just as good. Put this Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice Recipe on the menu tonight and enjoy.
|Slow Cooker Herbed Chicken with Wild Rice Recipe|
- 1 package (60z) long grain and wild rice mix
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 8 oz fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 can condensed creme of chicken soup (10-3/4 ounces-undiluted)
- 1 cup water
- 3 bacon strips (cooked and crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- Place rice in 5 quart slow cooker; set aside seasoning packet.
- In a large skillet brown chicken in oil and butter, and add to the slow cooker.
- In the same skillet sauté the mushrooms until tender and place over the chicken.
- In a small bowl combine the soup, water, bacon, herbs, and contents of the seasoning packet-then pour over the top of the chicken and rice.
- Cover and cook on low till chicken and rice are tender.