I have been cooking a lot of hamburgers and hot dogs lately so I was in the mood for something a little different. This Southwestern Spaghetti Recipe caught my eye and I decided to give it a try. My family really likes spaghetti dishes but it is usually the Italian version that is on the table. This is a very simple recipe, and if you time everything right, by the time the spaghetti is done cooking all the ingredients can be mixed together; pop it in the oven for 10 minutes, and you’re ready to eat. This Southwestern Spaghetti Recipe is very good- if you are looking for something a little different give it a try. Enjoy
|Southwestern Spaghetti Recipe||
- 8 ounces spaghetti noodles (cooked according to package directions)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1lb ground beef
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1 medium green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 1 can sliced black olives (2.25 oz-optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl (or in the pot you boiled the spaghetti in) combine the drained cooked noodles with milk and egg. Mix well.
- Butter a 9×13 inch casserole dish and pour the noodle mixture into the bottom.
- In a large skillet brown ground beef, onion, green bell pepper, mushrooms and garlic.
- Drain if needed.
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the tomato sauce and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Spread the meat sauce over the spaghetti noodles. Top with cheese and olives. Place into the oven and bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.