These brownies were a big hit. They are rich, moist, and delicious – the trouble is it is hard to eat just one. This recipe uses a boxed brownie mix, but I am sure you could substitute your own brownie recipe in place of it.
It takes a little bit of time to put it all together but it is well worth the effort.
Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies
- 1 package brownie mix (19 to 21 ounces)
- 1 package vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups cool whip (frozen)
- 3 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (roughly chopped)
- Prepare and bake brownies in a 13×9 inch pan according to package directions; set aside to cool.
- While brownies are cooling using an electric mixer with whisk attachment mix the milk and pudding together for 2 minutes. Add the peanut butter and sugar, and mix until well combined.
- After brownies are completely cooled spread the pudding mixture over the top of the brownies.
- Place the chocolate and cool whip in a medium size microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute stirring every 30 seconds until chocolate is melted and the mixture is thoroughly combined. Spread chocolate mixture over the top and sprinkle with nuts.
- Refrigerate and cool for at least one hour before serving.
Adapted from Kraft Recipes