At the age of 61 it doesn’t take a lot to zest up my life, but I love trying new recipes and ingredients to go along with them. I was real excited when I was chosen for this opportunity with Glam Media to Zest up my life with Zesty Italian. I look at this as being is a great opportunity to experiment with new recipes moving toward a healthier lifestyle incorporating more salads into my daily meals. When I started to look around the internet I was real surprised at the number of recipes that called for Zesty Italian as one of the ingredients in their recipe. I am also called on frequently to prepare a dish for the local church, which I am glad to do, but I like to change things up a little bit so I am not serving the same dish every time.
This is the start of a series of two posts, in this post there will be a recipe for a healthier type of life style salad; because healthy food leads to a zestier life style. On April 23rd, in the second post, I will prepare a Zesty Italian Recipe that can be used for a pot luck or church social. I hope you enjoy!
So let’s add some zip to your salad by adding some Zesty Italian seasoning.
- 1 cucumber (sliced or cubed)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 medium onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/2 sweet green bell pepper (diced or cubed)
- 1/2 sweet red bell pepper (diced or cubed)
- 1/2 sweet yellow pepper (diced or cubed)
- 1/2 cup Low Fat Zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 seasoned pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup Caesar croutons
- Prepare vegetables as called for in ingredients list.
- In a large bowl mix together the Zesty Italian dressing, cheddar cheese and chopped vegetables.
- Salt and pepper to taste with seasoned salt and pepper.
- Chill and serve topped with the Caesar croutons.
- Tip: Use fresh grated Parmesan cheese in place of the cheddar; it’s a great addition to this recipe.
Kraft Italian Dressing only has one goal in mind… tantalizing your tastebuds. And we’re always looking for new ways to help you amp up your zest appeal. Like what you see? Let our Zesty Guy show you even more ways to spread a little zest at getmezesty.com.
“Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Kraft via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Kraft”