There are so many different types of recipes for meatballs- it’s amazing. This family loves spaghetti and meatballs so I like to try and change it up a little bit. The cool thing about this Italian Sausage Meatballs Recipe is that the flavors will automatically change with the sausage recipe that is being used. If you want to turn up the heat you cans use hot Italian, or if you prefer it on the lighter site you can go with mild or regular. For this recipe I used the local stores version of regular Italian sausage and it was excellent. The recipe here is doubled from the original because I have some big eaters. The number of meatballs will be largely determined by the size you want to make them; rolling meatballs can be a little time consuming, so for me, the bigger the better and my family likes them on the large side. So if you have a favorite Italian Sausage recipe give this Italian Sausage Meatballs Recipe a try, it is a great spaghetti and meatball combination. Enjoy
|Italian Sausage Meatballs Recipe||
- 1 egg (lightly beaten)
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Grated fresh Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 pounds bulk Italian sausage (your choice, reg., mild or hot)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, bread crumbs, grated Parmesan cheese, milk and onion.
- Add sausage to the bread crumb mixture and mix well. (Using your hands seems to work the best.)
- Shape into desired size meatballs and arrange on a shallow baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through (160°F). (The larger the meatballs, the longer the baking time)
- Add the meatballs to your favorite spaghetti sauce and simmer at least 15 minutes to blend some of the flavors- serve over hot spaghetti.