Steaks on the grill are always a nice treat so when I ran across this spice rub recipe I decided to give it a try. I used this spice rub on ribeye steaks and they were delicious. This is a fairly large recipe so you will have spice mixture left over to use on future cook-outs.
Wow, you guests this 4th of July with this spice rub recipe on your favorite cut of steak.
I also used this recipe in a fish coating on our last fish fry by mixing 2 tablespoons of the spice mixture in all-purpose flour as part of the coating mix; it turned out really good.
Steak Dry Rub Recipe
- 1/2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- In a medium size bowl mix all ingredients together; rub spices into the meat before grilling.
- Store extra in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
Adapted from All Recipes Hugh’s Dry Rub