Anyone that plants a garden quickly leans that a few zucchini plants usually amount to an over abundance of zucchinis. I decided to put them to good use and do a couple of recipe posts using fresh zucchini. For the first one I decided on this Zucchini Nut Muffins Recipe and will follow it up later in the week with a stuffed zucchini recipe.
If you like zucchini bread you will love these Zucchini Nut Muffins. This is a very simple recipe and you’ll have hot fresh muffins on the table in less than an hour. I followed the recipe as is and they turned out perfect. My wife loves muffins and she made sure this Zucchini Nut Muffins Recipe made it onto our favorites list. If you have some extra zucchini to use up, give this Zucchini Nut Muffins Recipe a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
|Zucchini Nut Muffins Recipe|
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oil
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups zucchini (grated)
- 3 cups flour (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Beat the eggs until they are light and foamy.
- Add the sugar, oil and zucchini.
- Blend well with a spoon.
- Mix the dry ingredients and add to the egg mixture and blend well.
- Fold in the nuts, and spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 325°F for 20 minutes or when a tooth pick is inserted- it comes out clean.