This is just not a Hot Dog; only Chicago could create something like this. The combination, along with the All-Beef Hotdog is excellent. One item that seems real hard to come by in the ingredients is the sport peppers. That is probably why unless you order them, or live in the Chicago Area, they are not to be found in your local market. So unless you live in Chicago; Chicago-Style Hot Dogs are extremely hard to find unless you prepare them yourself. This Chicago-Style Hot Dog Recipe is a simple recipe with very little prep time. Like I said” the biggest challenge will be locating the ingredients.”With the 4th of July coming make you and your Family a treat and cook Chicago-Style Hot Dogs for the Holiday. Enjoy!
|Chicago-Style Hot Dog Recipe|
- 1 all-beef hot dog
- 1 poppy seed hot dog bun
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon sweet green pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 4 tomato wedges
- 1 dill pickle spear
- 2 sport peppers
- 1 dash celery salt
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Reduce heat to low, place hot dog in water, and cook 5 minutes or until done.
- Remove hot dog and set aside. Carefully place a steamer basket into the pot and steam the hot dog bun 2 minutes or until warm.
- Place hot dog in the steamed bun. Pile on the toppings in this order: yellow mustard, sweet green pickle relish, onion, tomato wedges, pickle spear, sport peppers, and celery salt. The tomatoes should be nestled between the hot dog and the top of the bun. Place the pickle between the hot dog and the bottom of the bun.