With summer coming to an end I thought it was a good time to past an end of the summer garden recipe.
I thought this Chicken Garden Medley dish was really good and my wife absolutely loved it. Give this one dish recipe a try before the summer vegetables are history for the year.
- 1-pound boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ¼ cup butter (divided)
- 1 small yellow squash (cut in half and then sliced)
- 1 small zucchini (cut in half and then sliced)
- 1 medium red bell pepper (julienned)
- 1 medium green pepper (julienned)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onion
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup half and half
- 8 ounces’ angel hair pasta (cooked according to package directions and rinsed)
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a large skillet using 2 tablespoons of the butter cook chicken and garlic until chicken is no longer pink inside, add the vegetables and continue cooking until crisp tender; remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter to the now empty skillet and stir in the salt and flour to form a paste. Mix in the chicken broth and continue stirring until thickened and then stir in the cream.
- Place the pasta in a 13 x 9 casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray and mix in the vegetable mixture and sauce, sprinkle with the cheese, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Taste of Home Magazine