A little bit of work but so Delicious! The lemon zest and cream cheese -what a delightful combination. We used fresh purple raspberries out of our garden for this recipe.
Any kind of berry or a combination of them would be very good. I doubled the recipe. This recipe makes 1- 16 0z shake or 2- 8 ounce shakes. This milkshake recipe is rich and delicious. I hope you enjoy!
Raspberry Cream Cheese Milkshake Recipe
Prepared fruit ingredients
- 1 pound of fresh berries
- 4 tablespoons of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of jam. Match with the kind of berry you are preparing
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup of the premixed fruit from the above fruit preparation.
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 3 ounces of cream cheese at room temperature.
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest.
- 1 ½ cups packed of vanilla ice cream
- Fresh Berries for garnish
- In a bowl gently combine the berries and 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- Let them sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Or until they start to soften and release the juice.
- In a medium-size saucepan combine the berries and the jam. Cook over medium heat until slightly softened.
- Then coarsely mash the berries using a fork. Continue cooking on medium-high heat stirring regularly until the mixture thickens to a jam-like consistency.
- Should take about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice.
- Taste the mixture and add the last tablespoon of sugar if needed.
- Let cool -then refrigerate for at least 2 hours. This will keep up to 6 months if desired.
- Time to make a Raspberry Cream Cheese Milkshake
- In a blender combine the prepared fruit, milk, cream cheese, and lemon zest.
- Blend until slightly smooth. Add the ice cream and blend again until smooth. Top with fresh berries and enjoy!