Spaghetti has always been a favorite around our house. With the kids taking off to college we don’t cook big meals very often. One of my sons said he was coming home for the week end so I decided to cook this Baked Spaghetti Recipe. It has plenty of cheese, mushrooms and spaghetti sauce. It was just delicious. It would make an excellent pot luck dish for a Labor Day picnic. Enjoy
1 lb of ground beef
8 0z thin spaghetti
8 Oz package fresh mushrooms
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
1 26 0z spaghetti sauce
8 oz package of mild cheddar cheese
1 Tablespoon Oregano
1 Medium Onion ( chopped )
- Cook thin spaghetti till tender.
- While spaghetti is cooking combine burger, mushrooms, onion and garlic in a fry pan and cook until burger is done.
- Drain and add spaghetti sauce and oregano. Mix thoroughly.
- In a casserole dish sprayed with nonstick spray-spread one third of the spaghetti. Then top with 1/3 sauce then 1/3 of the cheese.
- Repeat until the top is covered with cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes- till cheese is melted and casserole is heated though.