We have been grilling quite a bit lately and it seemed most of the time it was some type of red meat- so I decided to change things a little bit and prepare this Bacon Jack Chicken Sandwich recipe. This is another simple and good recipe that requires very little prep and cooking time. Just be sure to pound the chicken to a uniform size so the chicken grills evenly. This recipe is also lightly seasoned so there is room to add some additional seasoning if you wish to do so.
The next time you’re in the mood for grilled chicken give this Grilled Bacon Jack Chicken Sandwich recipe a try, it’s really good. Enjoy
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices bacon (cooked crispy)
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves of lettuce
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices sweet onion (thinly sliced)
- 12 slices of dill pickle
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise (or whipped salad dressing)
- Cook bacon slices until brown and crispy and set aside.
- Preheat and prepare grill on medium high heat
- Pound chicken down to about 1 inch thickness. Rub the poultry seasoning into the chicken on both sides. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken 6-10 minutes turning as needed until juices run clear or an internal temperature of 165F is reached.
- Place 2 strips of bacon on the chicken, cover with a slice of pepper jack cheese, close the grill and continue until melted.
- To prepare the sandwich place each piece of chicken on a bun followed with a slice of lettuce, mayo, pickles, tomato, and onion.