1. 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into strips
2. 2 ¾ cups flour
3. 1 teaspoon Seasoning salt
4. Black Pepper
5. 1 cup butter milk
6. Vegetable oil for deep frying
Honey Barbeque Sauce
1. 1 cup Hickory flavored BBQ sauce
2. ¼ cup water
3. 2 tablespoons honey
4. 1 tablespoon ketchup
5. ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
Note: I started the sauce before I started deep frying. Saves some time. The sauce can be cooking while you are frying.
1. Mix the salt, pepper and seasoning in a bowl and set aside.
2. Place the buttermilk in a separate bowl and set aside.
3. Heat the oil to 375 degrees for frying.
4. Roll the chicken strips in flour, then in buttermilk and back into the flour.
5. Deep-fry in the oil until a light golden brown. Just do 3 or 4 at a time depending on the size of your fryer so they don’t stick together. Drain on paper towels.
6. Place all the sauce ingredients in a sauce pan. Simmer on low for about 20 minutes. Let it cool a little bit so it is not too hot to handle.
7. Dip the chicken strips one at a time into the sauce and place them on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick spray.
8. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered at 350 degrees.