I was looking for something simple and quick and I came across this Italian Penne Pasta Recipe. It’s a very simple recipe with very little ingredients. You could easily spice it up a little bit or add some ingredients like fresh garlic, onion, green pepper, mushrooms and maybe some red pepper flakes if you wanted to heat it up a little bit. I prepared the recipe as written just because I wanted to see how it would taste without any add-on’s. As I have found in the past; simple many times is good, and this recipe was no exception. Within 30 minutes I had an excellent dinner on the table we all enjoyed.
If you’re in a hurry, or just want to try something different, give this Italian Penne Pasta Recipe a try-its well worth the time and effort.
1 pound ground beef
4 cups penne pasta (12 ounces)
1 jar 28 to 30 ounces (your favorite spaghetti sauce)
3/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
3 cups shredded Colby Jack Cheese
Preheat oven to 375F.
1. Cook Penne Pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, using a skillet brown the burger and drain if needed.
3. Drain the pasta and mix together with the ground beef, spaghetti sauce, and 1/2 cup of the Parmesan Cheese.
4. Place the mixture into a 13 x 9 casserole dish and top with the remaining Parmesan Cheese and Colby Jack.
5. Bake at 375F for 20 minutes.