I am always looking for good chicken recipes so when I came across this Baked Chicken with Cheese Gravy; it looked really good, so I decided to put on the menu for supper. The chicken turns out tender and moist and the gravy is excellent. I served this dish with hash browns, with the gravy served over the top.
If you’re looking for a simple and good recipe give this One Dish Baked Chicken with Cheese Gravy recipe a try. You and your family will love it.
- 3-3½ pound frying chicken (cut into pieces)
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup margarine (melted)
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- 1 small can mushrooms (stems and pieces)
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.5 ounces)
- ⅔ cup Velveeta cheese (cubed)
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Pour melted butter into a 9x13 casserole dish. Place flour in a reusable plastic bag and shake the chicken pieces in it to coat.
- Place chicken pieces into the casserole dish, skin side down. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is cooking in a medium size sauce pan mix together the evaporated milk, soup, cheese, salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat just until cheese is melted.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and drain any excess fat. Spread the onion and mushrooms over the top, and then pour the sauce over the chicken. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for an additional 20-30 minutes or until juices run clear.
- Serve hot with the gravy poured over the chicken