One of the great features of Fall is the harvest. Along with the cooler weather it makes for a great time for baking. This pumpkin bread recipe is simple. You will have 2 great tasting loafs in less than 90 minutes. You can eat one and freeze the other if you choose. Enjoy
1. 2 cups canned pumpkin
2. 3 cups sugar
3. 1 cup water
4. 1 cup vegetable oil
5. 4 eggs
6. 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
7. 2 teaspoons baking soda
8. 2 teaspoons cinnamon
9. 1 teaspoon salt
10. 1 teaspoon baking powder
11. 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
12. 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
13. 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil and eggs.
3. Beat until well mixed.
4. Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and cloves into a separate bowl and stir until combined.
5. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
6. Grease two 9 x 5 inch loaf pans and dust with flour.
7. Evenly divide the batter between the two pans.
8. Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pans by inverting onto a rack and tapping the bottoms.