I seem to be on a role this week for very simple recipes. This Simple Hamburger Pie Recipe with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Is another one of those simple, but good tasting recipes. Again there is plenty of room for improvement, but is very good just like it is. So to stick with the basic theme of the recipe; I prepared the recipe as written.
I think this Hamburger Pie Recipe is very close to a Sheppard’s Pie except with fewer ingredients. The most time consuming part of the recipe, is having to prepare the mashed potatoes. However that Is not really a big thing because you can use that time to brown the burger and onion. Once it is all put together it bakes for only about 20 minutes, and is ready to go on the table.
If you need a recipe that is a quick fix for after school or work give this Simple Hamburger Pie Recipe with Garlic Mashed Potatoes a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
5 medium potatoes
1 pound ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 can green beans (16 ounce- drained)
1 can condensed tomato soup (10.75 ounce)
1 can mushrooms (4 ounces)
1/2 cup milk
1 egg (beaten)
4 cloves garlic (crushed and chopped)
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Peel, cube and cook potatoes and garlic in a large pot until tender. Drain
2. While potatoes are cooking brown the ground beef, mushrooms and onion, cook until burger is no longer pink, and onion is tender. Drain if needed.
3. In a large bowl combine the burger, condensed tomato soup, and canned beans; transfer to a 1 1/2 quart casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
4. Preheat oven to 350F.
5. Using a potato masher or electric mixer combine the milk, pepper,egg, salt and mash the potatoes.
6. Using a spoon-spoon the mashed potatoes over the top of the casserole. Top with the shredded Cheddar cheese, and bake for 20 minutes, or until the mashed potato edges start to brown.
Serve Hot-serves 4