This Taco Burgers Recipe is as simple as it gets. Taco seasoning and corn chips get mixed into the burger and it is topped with cream cheese. If you like Tacos you are sure to like this recipe. I was really tempted to prepare this on the grill which I am sure would have made it much better; but it was snowing and cold. I don’t use the broiler much but it seemed to work out real well for this recipe.
The next time you are in the mood for burgers and would like to add something a little different to the menu give this Simple Taco Burgers Recipe a try. Enjoy
- 1 package corn chips (2/3 cups for the burgers and the rest served on the side)
- 1-1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 package Taco seasoning
- 1 package of cream cheese (cut crosswise divided into 12 strips)
- 6 Hamburger buns
- 2 sliced tomatoes for topping (optional)
- Crush the corn chips to measure 1/ 3 cup crushed.
- In a large bowl mix together the burger, crushed corn chips, and Taco seasoning. (Hands work best for this)
- Form the mixture into 6 patties. Set the oven to broil, and broil patties about 4-5 inches below the heat for 5 minutes. Flip the patties, and broil for an additional 3 minutes, then top each patty with 2 slices of cream cheese and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Broil until the cream cheese is puffy and brown.
- Serve on buns with remaining corn chips.