This Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe is another recipe that can be put together very quickly. This is a simple mildly seasoned recipe that you could spice up a little more to taste if you want to. I prepared the recipe as written and it was pretty good for a quick dish. My wife said she really enjoyed it. I was a little uncertain how the green onions would blend with the other flavors; they worked out well, but for my taste the next time I prepare this recipe I will leave then out.
This is a great recipe for after work, or school-you could have supper on the table in less mthan an hour. So if you need a quick one dish meal give this Sour Cream Noodle Bake Recipe a try. Enjoy
8 ounces of egg noodles
1 pound lean ground beef
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 can tomato sauce (8 ounces)
1 cup Ricotta cheese
1 cup sour cream
6 green onions chopped
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350
1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse and drain.
2. Using a large skillet brown the burger using the butter. Drain excess fat if needed. Mix in the salt, garlic salt, pepper and tomato sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Mix the Ricotta cheese, sour cream and onions into the noodles.
4. Using a 2 quart casserole dish, sprayed or greased, alternate layers of the noodle mixture and meat; starting with the noodles, and ending with the meat. Top with shredded cheddar.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted, and casserole is heated through.