It seems like we have spaghetti for dinner at least once a week. My son from Blogchef.net was telling me how good this Bacon Spaghetti Recipe is so I thought I would put it on the menu for dinner. It somewhat reminds me of the Cowboy spaghetti recipe I have on this blog, but it is somewhat different.
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep time, has a good combination of flavors, and be on the supper table in less than an hour.
The next time you Family wants spaghetti for supper gives this one a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
Bacon Spaghetti Recipe
- 4 garlic cloves (thinly sliced)
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup dry red wine (if you don’t wish to use wine mix in 1/2 cup extra beef broth in place of the wine)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14 ounces)
- 1 pound thin spaghetti
- Parsley (for garnish)
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet cook the bacon until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels and discard any excess fat.
- Using the same skillet break up and brown the ground round over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and bay leaves and continue cooking until burger is no longer pink inside.
- Stir the wine into the burger mixture scrapping any dripping from the bottom, and then mix in the beef broth, and tomato paste stirring until the paste is dissolved. Stir in the bacon and crushed tomatoes and then salt and pepper to taste. Reduce the heat to simmer and cook until the sauce is thickened.
- While sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Serve sauce hot over spaghetti topped with grated Parmesan cheese garnished with parsley. (Optional)