Puppy dog was running out of treats so I had to get busy and do some baking. This dog treats recipe is simple and quick to put together – and your favorite canine will love them.
Do your best friend a favor and give them a try.
Basic Dog Treats Recipe
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- 4 tablespoon molasses
- 4 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350F. And line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the pumpkin, molasses, vegetable oil, and water.
- In another bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Gradually stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients stirring until dough forms. (add a little extra water if necessary)
- Using a spoon – spoon out the dough, and roll into balls, like making meatballs. Placing them about an inch apart on the baking sheet. Flatten slightly with a fork like making peanut butter cookies.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the dough hardens.
- Cool and refrigerate; use as needed.