This Beef and Cheddar Casserole Recipe is another simple recipe that tastes great. This recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, is quick to put together, and doesn’t take long to cook. This would be a great recipe to put on the menu if you looking for something quick for after work or school.
Give this one a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
Beef and Cheddar Casserole Recipe
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (divided)
- 3 cups wide egg noodles
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 12 ounces ground chuck or lean ground beef
- 1 red bell pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1 bunch scallions (white and green parts finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- One 14 1/2-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Cook noodles to al dente according to package directions. Lightly spray a 2.5-quart casserole dish with cooking spray, drain the noodles and place them in the bottom of the casserole dish and mix the noodles, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and ¼ teaspoon salt together until well combined.
- While the noodle is cooking using a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium-high heat until beef is no longer pink inside. Add the chopped pepper and scallions; continue cooking until the onion and pepper is crisp-tender. Scrap out a room in the bottom of the skillet for the tomato paste and cook the paste for about 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes and then stir in the Italian seasoning and ¼ teaspoon of salt. Cook until mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour the beef mixture over the noodles and top with the shredded cheddar; bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and edges are bubbling.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from foodnetwork.com