This is a simple and quick muffins recipe you can have on the breakfast table in less than half an hour. The best part is chances are you will have all the ingredients on hand in your refrigerator, and pantry.
Brown Sugar Oat Muffins
- 1 cup old fashion oats
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup milk
- A ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- In a large bowl mix together all the dry ingredients. In a medium-size bowl whisk together the eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla; stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased muffin cups (or use liners) to about ¾’s full. Place muffins on the lower middle rack of the oven and bake for 15 – 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- (These are really good served warm with butter.
Adapted from Taste of Home Cookbook