If you’re looking for a little bit of a different take on a Mac and Cheese give this recipe a try – the dominant flavor is definitely the Gorgonzola cheese, so you should prepare it with caution. This is a simple recipe that cooks on the stove top and utilizes deli chicken so it is fairly quick to prepare. To make preparations a little easier to measure all ingredients into small containers so you have them ready to add as you prepare the cheese sauce.
This is a quick recipe so you can have supper on the table in less than an hour. Enjoy
Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 whole rotisserie deli chicken
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ½ cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- Bone chicken into bite-size pieces. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- In a large dutch oven over medium heat – melt the butter. Slowly whisk in the flour until paste forms. Continue stirring and cooking until golden brown. Slowly whisk in the milk and cook stirring constantly until mixture is thickened about 5 minutes, and then add the pepper. Cook about 1 more minute, or until mixture is smooth. Reduce heat to low and stir in the Monterey Jack, and cheddar cheese; cook until melted.
- Mix in the hot sauce and then fold in the chicken, macaroni, and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Serve hot.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com