It had been a while since I have prepared any sweet treats and these Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Bars sounded really good; actually, they are too good.
The combination of milk chocolate, pecans, and butter create a delicious treat. This is a simple and good recipe that doesn’t take long to put together and you will love the end result.
Caramel and Chocolate Pecan Bars Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup pecan halves
Caramel Layer and chocolate topping
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl mix all the crust ingredients together except for the pecans. Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Evenly pack the crust mixture into the bottom of the pan and (Aluminum foil is optional it just makes it easier to work with the bars after they are done) arrange the pecans on top of the crust.
- To make the caramel melt the butter over medium heat in a 1-quart saucepan. Stir in the brown sugar, then stirring constantly bring the mixture to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute and then pour the mixture evenly over the pecans and crust.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the entire mixture is bubbling. Turn the pan halfway through the cooking cycle to help evenly distribute the heat; do not over bake.
- Remove from the oven an immediately sprinkle the chocolate chips over the top. As the chocolate chips start to melt using a rubber spatula gently spread the chocolate over the top leaving some of the chocolate chips whole to create a marbled effect.
- Cool thoroughly and then cut into bars. If you are using aluminum foil this is easy. Just lift the foil out after it has cooled, fold the foil down which allows for a flat cutting surface.