Sometimes it’s hard to scale down a recipe for 2 people without sacrificing the quality of the recipe, but this Chicken Cacciatore for Two recipe is delicious. This recipe is fairly quick to put together and doesn’t require a lot of cooking time. You can use 2 chicken leg quarters in this recipe or 3-4 chicken thighs depending on whats available. I used 3 because that’s what was in the package.
If you’re cooking for two give this one a try it’s excellent. Enjoy
- 4 chicken thighs or 2 leg quarters
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces fresh portabella mushrooms (trimmed and quartered)
- 1 small onion (chopped)
- 1 medium red pepper (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed and minced)
- 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 can diced tomatoes (14.5-ounces)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper the chicken on both sides. In a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat brown chicken on both sides; remove chicken to a plate. Reserve about 1 tablespoon of fat in the skillet.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=13200″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Chicken-Cacciatore-for-Two-prep-2.jpg” width=”800″ height=”534″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chicken Cacciatore for Two prep 2″ alt=”Chicken Cacciatore for Two prep 2″][/url]
- In the same skillet cook the mushrooms, onion, bell pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper until vegetables are softened and start to brown. Stir in the tomato paste, garlic, rosemary, and pepper flakes and cook until mixture is rust colored. Mix in the wine stirring any dripping off the bottom of the pan and continue cooking until liquid is evaporated.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=13201″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Chicken-Cacciatore-for-Two-prep3.jpg” width=”800″ height=”534″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chicken Cacciatore for Two prep3″ alt=”Chicken Cacciatore for Two prep3″][/url]
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/?attachment_id=13202″][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Chicken-Cacciatore-for-Two-prep-4.jpg” width=”800″ height=”534″ class=”alignnone size-full” title=”Chicken Cacciatore for Two prep 4″ alt=”Chicken Cacciatore for Two prep 4″][/url]
- Mix in the diced tomatoes and chicken broth and then work the chicken into the mixture. Cook covered over low heat for about 25 minutes until chicken reaches a temperature of 175F. Remove cover and cook on medium high until sauce starts to thicken and chicken is done. (185F.)
Adapted from cookscountry.com