My son was home for the weekend, and I had to work two 12 hour shifts, which did not leave me much time to cook. So he put together this Chili Pasta Bake Recipe which he later posted on his blog; blogchef.net. This recipe is simple and delicious and doesn’t take that long to prepare. It was so good I decided to put on last night’s super menu.
If you’re tight on time, and want a simple and good recipe that can be on the supper table in less than an hour, give this Chili Pasta Bake Recipe a try. Enjoy
Chili Pasta Bake Recipe
- ½ tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper
- ½ pound medium shells
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilies (14.5 ounces)
- 1 can black beans (15 ounce – drained and rinsed)
- 1 ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper or to taste
- The ¼ cup of water
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- ½ cups sour cream
- 4 tablespoons green onions (sliced)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cook pasta according to directions for al dente. Drain and rinse.
- While pasta is cooking place the chopped onion in a large skillet with the oil over medium-high heat and cook until onion is translucent; about 3 minutes. Add the burger to the skillet, breaking it up with a spatula, and cook until burger is no longer pink inside; drain if needed.
- Add diced tomatoes with green chilies, beans, chili powder, cumin, cayenne, tomato sauce, and water into the ground beef mixture, salt, and pepper to taste; simmer for about 5 minutes. Add the mixture to the pasta and mix until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a lightly greased 13 x 9 casserole dish. Spread the shredded cheese over the top and bake for about 30 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted.
- Serve garnished with sour cream and chopped green onions.