Biscuits and gravy have always been one of my favorite breakfast dishes so when I saw this Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe I decided to give it a try. I don’t ever use a package gravy mix, so I really didn’t know what to expect, but all the ingredients complimented each other very well in the recipe creating a delicious combination of flavors.
This is a simple recipe that doesn’t require a lot of prep time, and it bakes in less than an hour, so you can have it on the table in less than an hour.
I prepared this Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe, as a breakfast supper, but if you want to serve for breakfast just make it the night before and reheat it. This recipe was adapted from the McCormick web site. Give this one a try, it’s really good.
- 1 roll breakfast sausage (12 ounces)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package McCormick Country Gravy Mix
- 3 slices bread (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 325F
- In a large skillet crumble and brown the sausage until no longer pink inside. Drain
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a14.jpg”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a14.jpg” alt=”Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-7206″][/url] [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a24.jpg”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a24.jpg” alt=”Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-7207″][/url]
- In a large bow whisk together the eggs, water, milk and gravy mix; mix until thoroughly blended.
- In a 11/2 quart casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray spread the sausage over the bottom. Spread the cheese over the sausage, and then pour the sausage mixture over the cheese.
- Cube the bread and distribute it evenly over the top, top with drizzled butter over the bread cubes, and garnish with paprika.
- [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a34.jpg”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a34.jpg” alt=”Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe” width=”240″ height=”160″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-7208″][/url] [url href=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a44.jpg”][img src=”http://cullyskitchen.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/a44.jpg” alt=”Country Breakfast Casserole Recipe” width=”240″ height=”153″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-7209″][/url]
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until bubbly, and a knife inserted comes out clean.
- Let rest 10 minutes before serving