I don’t do Mexican a lot but, for some reason, I was in the mood for it; and decided to put this Creamy Burrito Casserole Recipe together. The kids are away at college so I usually cut the recipe in half but I changed my mind so I could freeze some of it for lunch at work. It was a good mood-it froze very well. The original recipe does not call for the extra sour cream, and tomatoes for garnish, but it made a nice picture and a delicious topping. Have Mexican tonight and give this Creamy Burrito Casserole Recipe a try. Enjoy
|Creamy Burrito Casserole Recipe|
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onions, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packages taco seasoning
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 (16 ounce) cans re fried beans
- 2 -3 cups shredded taco cheese or 2 -3 cups cheddar cheese
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 medium tomatoes ( diced )
- In a skillet cook brown meat and onions until done.
- Add taco seasoning and stir in refried beans.
- In a separate bowl combine the soup and sour cream.
- Spread 1/2 sour cream mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish.
- Tear up 3 tortillas and spread over sour cream mixture.
- Add 1/2 the meat bean mixture over that and a layer of cheese, repeate the layers finishing
- with cheese on top.
- Bake at 350 F uncovered for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve hot topped with diced tomatoes and sour cream