Every holiday season I look forward to eggnog turning up in the grocery stores. If you like eggnog, here’s a delicious holiday breakfast treat. This is a basic pancake recipe incorporating the eggnog in place of the eggs and milk.
Eggnog Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups eggnog
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until well blended.
- Stir in the buttermilk, vanilla, and butter; batter will be a little lumpy. (Depending on the consistency of the eggnog you are using you might want to thin the batter a little bit. I like it thick enough so it barely pours. If you need to thin it a little bit use regular milk.)
- Use a lightly greased griddle at 350 degrees. I use cooking spray-it works very well for this.
- Pour batter onto the griddle or pan so the pancakes are about the size you want them. Cook until the top is covered with tiny bubbles. Flip the pancake and cook until golden brown.