If you like southwest seasoned food you have to give these Grilled Sonoran Hotdogs a try. The avocado pica de Gallo mixture gives these bacon wrapped hotdogs a unique flavor. They are a little bit of work to put together; but are well worth the effort.
If you want to take grilled hotdogs to the next level, these Sonoran Hotdogs are in a class all by themselves – you’ll love them. Enjoy
End the Summer with this Grilled Sonoran Hotdogs Recipe
- 10 good quality hot dogs
- 10 Slices of thin sliced Bacon
- 10 brat buns or lobster rolls (I used brat buns in this recipe)
- 3 Large Roma tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1 Medium Red onion (diced)
- 1 hand full of cilantro (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed and minced)
- 2 Avocados (peeled and diced)
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 Cup mayonnaise thinned with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 can pinto beans
- Pickled Jalapeno pepper slices
- In a medium size bowl mix together the diced tomatoes, onions, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. Gently fold in the avocados so as not to crush them. Set aside in the refrigerator for the flavors to blend.
- In a small bowl mix together the mayo and milk – set aside in the refrigerator.
- In a small saucepan heat the pinto beans and set the burner on low to keep them warm.
- Prepare and preheat the grill on high heat.
- Wrap each hotdog with bacon; place on the grill, (I secured the ends with toothpicks) reduce the grill heat to medium and cook the hotdogs turning frequently until bacon is crisp. (10 – 15 minutes)
- While the hot dogs are roasting split the buns and toast them on the grill cut side down until browned.
- To put this all together, drain the beans. Start by placing some beans in the bottom of the bun, followed by the hotdog, avocado pica de Gallo mixture and several slices of Jalapeno peppers, and then drizzle the mayo mixture over the top.