This is a little different take on garlic chicken, but it is really good. I don’t very often use sun-dried tomatoes as an ingredient but the tangy flavor of sun-dried tomatoes make this dish a step above the rest. There are quite a few ingredients in this recipe so it’s a good idea to have it all together before you start cooking. The original recipe called for a boneless skinless chicken breast, but I decided to substitute chicken tenders instead.
Give this Garlic Chicken with Rigatoni Recipe a try. Enjoy
Garlic Chicken with Rigatoni Recipe
- ½ pound chicken tenders (cut into bite size pieces)
- ¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil)
- The ½ cup of water
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 package fresh mushrooms (8 ounces sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes or to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Cook rigatoni according to package directions.
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan, remove from heat, add the sundried tomatoes into the water, and let the tomatoes soak for about 5 minutes. Drain and chop the tomatoes; set aside.
- Mix the flour in a zip lock bag with the garlic salt, add the chicken, and shake to coat.
- Using a large skillet over medium-high heat using 1 tablespoon of the olive oil cook the chicken until browned and no longer pink inside. Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
- In the same skillet using the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat cook the mushrooms until tender. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant; about 1 minute.
- Add the wine, chicken broth, parsley, salt, pepper, red pepper, basil, and chopped tomatoes to the mushroom mixture, and then add the chicken back into the skillet. Cook until heated through. Mix in the rigatoni and sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Serve Hot
Adapted from Taste of Home Magazine