This is a little different take on pancakes. This recipe combines graham crackers, buttermilk, sour cream, and cornmeal. This is a simple recipe, and the final results are really good.
The next time you have a craving for pancakes give this one a try – it’s a lot better than you would think. Enjoy
Graham Cracker Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- Oil for cooking
- Whisk all dry ingredients together in a medium-size bowl.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in another starting with the eggs.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
- Lightly oil a skillet or electric griddle on medium-high heat. Spoon the batter onto the skillet, or griddle, for the size pancakes desired. Cook until pancakes are well browned and starting to bubble on top. Flip, and cook until done and browned on the other side. (If pancakes are getting too brown before bubbles start to form reduce heat. (For my electric griddle 300F. is perfect.)
Adapted from cooks country