The day started out real nice here in Upper Michigan so I decided to fire up the grill. Right after I placed the chicken on the grill the snow started; it just doesn’t want to give way to spring. I always enjoy grilling no matter what the weather is like, and these Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders made it worth my effort-they are delicious. I’ve never prepared a recipe with store bought chicken wing sauce before so this was a first time for me. I decided on Sweet Baby Ray’s because in the past I thought their barbeque sauce was pretty good. I am sure that different wing sauces will change the final outcome of this recipe. Baby Rays was a little nippy making it about right for the amount of heat I like in my dishes. The condiment sauce prepared for this recipe not only goes real well with the Chicken Sliders, but would also make a good standalone salad dressing.
The next time you decide to fire up the grill give this Grilled Buffalo Chicken Sliders recipe a try. You and your guests will love them.
- 1 cup real mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of your favorite wing sauce
- 12 slider buns
- 12 slices Roma tomatoes
- 12 lettuce leaves
- Prepare chicken breast by pounding them to about 1/2 inch thickness. Cut each chicken breast into 3 equal pieces. Place the chicken breasts in a food quality storage bag and pour in the wing sauce moving the wings around in the bag to cover. Marinade for at least 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating prepare the blue cheese sauce. In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise, blue cheese, celery, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Preheat the grill to medium high heat, with the grates prayed with cooking spray or lightly oiled. Remove the chicken from the bag (discard wing sauce) and grill for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink inside (internal temp 165F). Just before the chicken is done add the buns to the grill to lightly toast them (optional).
- Serve the sliders by placing a leaf of lettuce, piece of chicken, slice of tomato, and then top with the blue cheese sauce.