Here is another simple and good recipe that doesn’t require much prep time. The coating on the chicken is delicious and helps keep the chicken breasts nice and moist. You can use Italian bread crumbs, or traditional, depending on you taste.
I wasn’t sure if I could call this a one dish meal or not because of cooking the chicken separately; but its awful close.
Give this Italian Chicken with Penne Pasta Recipe a try; it’s really good!
- [b] Ingredients for Marinade[/b]
- 1pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Ingredients for Breading[/b]
- 2 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper
- 2 cups dried Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- [b]Ingredients for Garlic Penne[/b]
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 garlic cloves (crushed, minced, and divided)
- 4-5 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2lb penne pasta (cooked according to package directions)
- chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, 1 garlic clove, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon black pepper and oregano. Place chicken into a food grade disposable zip lock bag, pour the lemon juice mixture over the top; massage bag to toughly coat the chicken. Let marinade in the refrigerator for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Lightly beat eggs in a shallow dish. In another shallow dish whisk together the flour, ½ teaspoon salt and pepper, and place the bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Roll the chicken in the flour, and then into the eggs, and roll into the bread crumbs pressing lightly to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet using the oil cook chicken until nicely browned on both sides and done. (165F)
- While chicken is cooking in a large pot cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- For the sauce melt the butter in a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds). Whisk in the flour and stir for about 1 minute, gradually stir in the milk and chicken broth stirring constantly until mixture thickens; season with 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix the sauce into the penne until well combined.
- Serve the pasta with the chicken garnished with parsley.
Adapted from Blogchef.net