I have been wanting to try preparing these Lasagna Roll Ups for quite some time-but just could not find the time, because I thought they would be time consuming, and a lot of work. I was pretty much right. Although I think if I was a little younger it would have went a lot quicker; my fingers don’t work as well as they use to.
Well that’s enough crying; this is a really good recipe and the whole family enjoyed it. I guess that is what its all is about. I prepared the recipe as written and depending on the style pasta sauce you use, the recipe is mildly seasoned, so you could spice it up a little bit if you wanted to, such as adding chopped garlic, some additional oregano, or Italian seasoning. If you add any ingredients like mushrooms, green peppers or onions keep in mind they have to be finely chopped because you have to be able to roll the Lasagna noodles.
If you have some extra time on your hands and you want to give the family a treat, give this Lasagna Roll Ups Recipe a try; you and your family will love it.
1 pound ground beef
1 jar (24 oz.) spaghetti sauce
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1 cup (8 ounces) ricotta cheese
1/2 cup grated Parmesan Cheese (divided)
9 lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
2 cups shredded Mozzarella Cheese (divided)
Parsley (for garnish)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Brown meat in skillet on medium-high heat; drain and mix in spaghetti sauce.
3. Remove half of the sauce mixture; stir into meat in skillet. Set remaining sauce mixture aside for later use.
4. MIX together egg, ricotta cheese, and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese.
5. Spread each noodle with 2 heaping tablespoonfuls of the ricotta mixture. Top evenly with a 1/4 cup meat mixture, and 2 heaping Tbsp. mozzarella cheese.
6. Roll up each noodle.
7. Place in greased 8-inch square baking dish. Pour remaining sauce mixture over noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
8. Cover with foil and bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Garnish with parsley (optional)