This Mushroom and Herb Chicken Recipe has a delicious combination of flavors. It is simple to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of prep or cooking time. The original recipe called for fresh mushrooms but I substituted a large can of mushrooms in place of the fresh.
If you use fresh mushrooms I would recommend sautéing them before using them in the recipe to cut down on any excess liquid from the mushrooms. If you’re looking to put the chicken on the menu for supper give this Mushroom and Herb Chicken Recipe a try; it’s delicious.
Mushroom and Herb Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded down to about 1/2 inch)
- 1 can mushroom stems and pieces (drained)
- 2 tablespoon butter (divided)
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup (undiluted)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chives (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried Rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- Egg noodles cooked according to package directions. (About 12 ounces)
- In a medium size bowl mix together the soup, chicken broth, mushrooms, mustard, garlic salt, lemon pepper, rosemary, salt, and thyme.
- In a large skillet brown the chicken breasts in 1 tablespoon of butter on both sides.
- Pour the mushroom soup mixture over the chicken, bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook the chicken breasts covered for 8 to 10 minutes to an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the chicken is cooking cook the egg noodles according to package directions; drain and butter the noodles with the remaining butter.
- Serve the chicken and sauce over the egg noodles garnished with the chives.