This would be a great recipe for after school. It is simple to put together and requires very little prep time. You can have dinner on the table in less than an hour and the kids will love it!
Old – Fashioned Beef Pot Pie
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can condensed beef with vegetables and barley soup (11 ounces)
- A ½ cup of water
- 1 package frozen peas and carrots (thawed and drained)
- ½ teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 1/3 cups French fried onions (divided)
- 1 package refrigerated biscuits (7.5. ounces)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- While the oven is heating in a large skillet cook ground beef until no longer pink inside breaking into large chunks while cooking; drain if needed.
- Mix in the soup, water, vegetables, and seasoning, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a high simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Off heat and mix in a ½ cup of cheese and 2/3 cup onion rings.
- Spray a 12 x 8-inch casserole dish with cooking spray and spoon in the meat mixture. Cut the biscuits in half and place them cut side down around the edge of the casserole. Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and done. Top with the remaining cheese and French fried onions. Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until onions are golden brown and cheese is melted.
Adapted from 100 Best Hamburger Recipes