When I saw this Orange Cashew Chicken Recipe I thought I would give it a try; because the addition of the cashews in the recipe sounded really good. This recipe is really heavy on the orange flavoring which could be cut back by reducing the amount of orange sections used in the recipe, or even eliminating them. This is a simple recipe that is quick to prepare and doesn’t require a lot of ingredients.
If you looking for something different in an orange chicken recipe, give this one a try; it’s really good. Enjoy
Orange Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch pieces)
- 2 medium carrots (thinly sliced)
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ¾ cup of orange juice
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ cup salted cashews
- 2 oranges (divided into sections)
- Cooked Rice for a serving of 4
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- While rice is cooking in a large skillet or wok cook the chicken, carrots, and celery in the oil until chicken is browned and juices run clear showing the chicken is done. Reduce the heat to simmer.
- In a small bowl mix together the honey, orange juice, soy sauce, corn starch, and ginger. Add the sauce to the chicken mixture, increase the heat and cook stirring constantly until mixture is thickened. Mix in the orange sections and cashews – serve over hot rice.