If you’re looking for a simple and quick recipe for supper that’s really good give this Philly Cheese-steak Casserole recipe a try.
This recipe doesn’t require many ingredients and cooks quickly; you can have on the supper table in less than 30 minutes.
Give this one a try it’s really good!
Philly Cheese-steak Casserole Recipe
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (divided)
- 1/2 (8 ounces) French Baguette (sliced about 1 inch thick)
- 1 container fresh mushrooms (8 ounces sliced)
- 1/2 red pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 green pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 New York Strip steak (thinly sliced)
- 8 slices American cheese (or about 1 cup shredded- I stuck with the original recipe when I prepared this but I think Italian cheese blend would be a better choice)
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Slice the meat, bread, and prepare the sweet peppers.
- Place the bread slices in a 9-inch baking dish sprayed with butter flavored cooking spray. (If you don’t want to use cooking spray lightly coat 1 side of the bread with butter.) Top the bread slices, with 4 slices of American cheese, and bake in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a large skillet using 1 tablespoon of butter cook the mushrooms until mushrooms start to release their moisture, and start to get tender. Add ¼ teaspoon salt and the green peppers to the mushrooms and continue cooking until peppers are tender and most of the juices are evaporated. (Cook vegetables to your desired tenderness) Spread the pepper mixture over the top of the bread.
- Using the other tablespoon of butter, salt, and pepper the steak and cook steak on both sides to the desired doneness. Top the casserole with the steak and arrange 4 more slices of cheese on top. Bake in the oven until cheese is melted and casserole is warmed through.