One of the great features of Fall is the harvest. Along with the cooler weather it makes for a great time for baking. This pumpkin bread recipe is simple. You will have 2 great tasting loaves in less than 90 minutes.
You can eat one and freeze the other if you choose. Enjoy
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil and eggs.
- Beat until well mixed.
- Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, nutmeg, and cloves into a separate bowl and stir until combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth. Stir in the walnuts.
- Grease two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans and dust with flour.
- Evenly divide the batter between the two pans.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes, then removes from pans by inverting onto a rack and tapping the bottoms.