Rangoon Rolls are a great appetizer to add to your recipe collection. They are super quick and easy to throw together for a party or for your family to enjoy. Roll-ups are much easier to make than the traditional pockets, so preparation time is quick. These are also baked, which is a healthier alternative to the standard deep-fried Rangoon. The seasoned cream cheese has a perfectly mild flavor and tastes great. From Cully’s Kitchen to yours!
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- 8 egg roll wraps
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 green onion stalks, minced
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup sweet and sour sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil or parchment paper. Whisk the egg into a small bowl until the yolk is combined with the egg white. Pour oil into a deep plate or baking dish.
- Mix minced green onion, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt into softened cream cheese thoroughly. Lay out egg roll wrap flat and add about 1 ounce of cream cheese mixture across the bottom edge of the egg roll wrap as evenly as you can.
- Dip your finger into the whisked egg and apply generously to the upper edge of the egg roll wrap. Start rolling from the bottom edge where the cream cheese is and roll up to the top, sealing it with the edge with egg. Add more egg to the edge to fully seal. Place the rolled egg roll into the oil and roll it until fully saturated on the outside.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until golden brown. Serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce.