I decided it was time again for a one dish meal, and this Salsa Chicken with Rice Casserole Recipe looked pretty good, so I decided to give it a try. This is a simple recipe, but there is quite a bit of prep time because of having to precook the chicken and rice. The original recipe called for boneless skinless chicken breasts but I decided to use boneless skinless chicken thighs instead, because they are a lot moister; they worked real well. I am sure if you prefer white meat that would be fine also. This Salsa Chicken With Rice Casserole Recipe is a delicious combination of flavors that you and your Family will love. The next time you are looking for a one meal dish recipe, give it a try.
|Salsa Chicken With Rice Casserole Recipe||
- 1 1/3 cups uncooked white rice
- 2 2/3 cups water
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups mild salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Place rice and water in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place chicken thighs into a large saucepan, and fill the pan with water. Bring to a boil, and cook for 20 minutes, or until done.
- Remove chicken from water. When cool enough to handle, cut meat into bite-size pieces.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
- In a separate bowl, mix together cream of chicken soup, cream of mushroom soup, onion, and salsa.
- Layer 1/2 of the rice, 1/2 of the chicken, 1/2 of the soup and salsa mixture, and 1/2 of the cheese mixture the prepared dish. Repeat layers, ending with cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes, or until bubbly.