This Sauteed Summer Squash Recipe is quick and simple to put together and a great way to use up that extra zucchini. The squash is sliced thin so it cooks quickly. This is a delicious side dish that would go great with almost any grilled meat or fish.
If you have summer squash on hand give this one a try; its really good.
Sauteed Summer Squash Recipe
- 1 clove garlic (crushed and minced)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 2 zucchini (you can use two of the same if that is all you have available)
- 7 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- salt and pepper
- In a large bowl mix together the garlic and lemon juice; set aside and let rest for at least 10 minutes.
- Trim the ends off the squash and using a vegetable peeler shave the squash off lengthwise into ribbons. Take 3 slices off, turn the squash 90 degrees, and repeat the process. Continue shaving ribbons down to the seeds – discard the seed core.
- Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoons salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and lemon zest to the lemon juice mixture and mix until well combined.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat using 1 teaspoon of olive oil cook the squash ribbons, turning occasionally with tongs, until softened and translucent.
- Place the squash in the bowl with the lemon mixture, add the parsley, and toss to coat. Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
Adapted from Cooks Illustrated