Easter this weekend; so this Friday Lent will end. If you want to try a recipe that is a little different, but very good, give this Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe with Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice a try. I didn’t know how much difference it would make in the flavor to fresh squeeze the orange juice, but I think it defiantly was a nice added touch to the recipe. This is a simple recipe with not much cooking time, because the shrimp cooks quickly; but it does take some time to cook the rice and chop up the vegetables.
If you’re looking for a really good recipe to finish off the Lenten season give this Shrimp Stir Fry Recipe with Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice a try. Enjoy
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 5 green onions (chopped)
- 1 sweet red pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 yellow or green bell pepper (sliced lengthwise)
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 oranges juiced (1 cup of juice)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Long grain white rice
- Prepare all the vegetables that are needed for the recipe and squeeze the orange juice.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, orange juice, ginger, sugar and cornstarch.
- This is a good time to start cooking the rice.
- In a large skillet or wok using the olive oil stir-fry the green onions, broccoli, and sweet peppers to crisp tender or your desired doneness. Add the shrimp and cook until done (shrimp should be pink).
- Stir in the soy sauce mixture and boil until mixture thickens. This will only take a few minutes.
- Serve over hot rice