I am in a hurry and want something simple and quick to put together give these Simple and Quick Mexican Chicken Thighs a try. It only requires a few ingredients and you can have supper on the table in less than an hour.
Simple and Quick Mexican Chicken Thighs Recipe
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used boneless for this recipe but I think bone-in would also work fine)
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup salsa (mild or hot depending on your taste)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Pat chicken pieces dry with paper toweling and season chicken with the taco seasoning. (use your fingers to lightly rub the seasoning into the meat)
- Place the chicken thighs into a casserole dish lightly sprayed with cooking spray. Pour the salsa over the chicken.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is done. (185F.) remove chicken from the oven, sprinkle the cheese over the top, and then bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve Hot
Served this is a dish with hash browns but flavored rice would be a perfect match.
Adapted from Allrecipes.com